Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Best Rock Voices...All Time

  1. #21
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Rock Voices...All Time

    wasn't johny cash considered rock back in the day? if so, then my vote goes to him.

    kevin martin(candlebox), shannon hoon(blind melon), vedder...i don't think anybody mentioned them.


  2. #22
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Rock Voices...All Time

    Cobain and layne staley can be included as well.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Rock Voices...All Time

    Steve Tyler not mentioned yet? Odd
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  4. #24
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Rock Voices...All Time

    definitely include tyler...he has the rare ability to transcend the decades.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  5. #25
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Rock Voices...All Time

    whoa. cant believe we overlooked him.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Veritas's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2002
    Posts
    255
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Rock Voices...All Time

    Roger Daltry, Ian Gillian, Rob Halford to mention a few...I also like Chris Connell and Lane Staley of Alice In Chains...David Coverdale had a few moments.

  7. #27
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Rock Voices...All Time

    3 rockers who died way before there time

    Kobain, Lenin, Nowell.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  8. #28
    Inactive Member triodevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2005
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Rock Voices...All Time

    Given some of the folks I've seen live who can deliver and have serious range, there's Bruce Dickinson, Steven Tyler, Paul Stanley, Geoff Tate, Bono, and Ronnie James Dio. Though I'm no Bon Jovi fan, I have to give Jon Bon Jovi credit for having an amazing voice.

    As far as gritty, forceful vocals go, James Hetfield, Rob Halford, and Bon Scott are three of my favorites. Never really cared for Brian Johnson's strained delivery though.
    You wanted the best, you got the best...

  9. #29
    Inactive Member imported_PioneerBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2007
    Posts
    1,120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Rock Voices...All Time

    I think the song that best show Jon Bon Jovi's vocal ability is Living On A Prayer. I must be in the minority cause I always liked Brian's voice best than Bon's.
    Cheering for Twin Springs is like cheering for the Taliban

  10. #30
    Inactive Member imported_PioneerBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2007
    Posts
    1,120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Rock Voices...All Time

    Another guy I was going to mention and forgot to is the Ex-Lead singer of the band FUEL
    Cheering for Twin Springs is like cheering for the Taliban

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •